Sunday 24 June 2012

Silver Lining's Sunday Musings

"If your brain was made to sprint the hundred metres Fi, you'd be world class!"

My mother had a point when she said this; my brain is definitely the most exercised part of me (though the rest has forgotten what a gym looks like anyway). So I've decided Sundays should be a day for it to churn out any thoughts that have been rattling around during the week. Just so the noggin/noodles/loaf can take a break, I'll be letting you in on little musings like the news stories that have distracted me when I should be waiting for a bus or fashion lusts that are keeping me awake at night.

So to start us off, who else is giving Emma Stone the green eye this week? Whether it's Dolce and Gabbana in Madrid or gothic Gucci in Paris, she has rocked every red carpet for 'The Amazing Spiderman' premieres.  I wish I could say it helps to have a man like Andrew Garfield on her arm but, no, she shined on her own. Normally they would be the type of couple I'd like to trip up on the street but genuine love in Hollywood is a rare thing it seems and I wouldn't want to ruin an Elie Saab anyway!


I'm not sure if I envy the girl more for pulling off that Elie Saab jumpsuit or pulling Andrew Garfield.

Courtesy of Getty Images
It even melts the Ice Queen

Courtesy of Just Jared
Argh Gucci and Garfield what more does a girl need in life? And pairing a red suit with vampy lips-it was clearly meant to be.

Now I am ashamed to say, in my twenty-one years, I had no idea that Van Cleef and Arpels is actually famous for it's fine jewellery rather than perfume but my first fragrance was from their seasons collection. However, a good friend was kind enough to educate me when we went window shopping in Harrods (kind of like going around museums but even cheaper) and I have been dreaming ever since.


The pieces are the epitome of elegance.

Now, is anyone else undecided on Julien MacDonald's new bespoke couture collection? 


The formidable designer launched his new Bespoke label late last year but whilst most of the collection wows me, some of it is dangerously close to looking like the model has been caught in a bodycon fish net. Not that it really matters of course, these pieces are saved for only private clients...one can dream.

What has been on your mind this week then?

xx

18 comments:

  1. Love her outfits. Emma Stone is really a talent. Loved her in the movie: crazy stupid love.

    x
    www.cherryfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You want to hate her but it's just impossible haha.

      x

      Delete
  2. I love all her outfits!

    Kisses from London
    L3

    http://lisalatroisieme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so versatile but always spot on!

      x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Though Stone's outfits are indeed marvelous, I don't like the idea of there is no Mary Jane in The Spider-Man and Andrew being Peter Parker haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair enough Joshua. To be honest, I'm a bit worried they're re-launching the Spiderman theme too quickly.

      Delete
  4. I love Emma and Andrew together..so cute :) Lovely blog, i`m new follower :D

    I have a beauty blog and it would mean a lot to me, if you could check it out and let me know,if you like it...and maybe follow back :P

    http://meandmycousin1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sadly, I must agree haha. They're such a down-to-earth couple as well. Will check out the blog now!

      x

      Delete
  5. That girl can do no wrong! And gosh, Garfield is oh-so dreamy. Van Cleef and Arpels' jewelry is to die for. Like a masterpiece on your neck! This week my mind has been filled on whether Doc Martins are flattering enough to buy, they either look amazing or awful - dilemma!

    Thanks for your advice, I managed to bag the Hobbs job!

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! Welldone, I knew you would though! And you can definitely pull off some Docs. I know what you mean but there are so many types, there's a style for everyone it seems.

      x

      Delete
  6. I'm in love with all of these outfits! Great collection of pictures.

    http://sonyngin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That epitome is so cute!

    I want to invite you to join the RIRE giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma is so elegant!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is, though I imagine a Gucci gown can make you feel a million dollars!

      x

      Delete
  9. Sure we can follow eachother! I will start by following you and hope that you will do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are absolutely the most amazing looking couple ever.

    Kristen at Stylish in Sequins | Let's be friends!

    ReplyDelete